The Association pro Terra Sancta has been involved many qualified volunteers with a variety of specializations, available to provide services to the different structures of the Custody of the Holy Land (sanctuaries, parishes, schools, etc). The services required can be grouped into the following (non-exhaustive) areas: education, emergency social assistance, management of development projects, archiving and preservation of archaeological finds, administration, secretarial, maintenance, security, and cleaning.
The particular nature of the context in which we are operating means that we are only able to consider a limited number of applications, depending on current needs. Due to the complexity of the subjects involved and the characteristics of the services required, part-time commitments are not possible. Volunteering in the Holy Land cannot be considered as merely a job to be performed; it should instead be seen as representing an opportunity, beyond the rigorous fulfillment of the daily requirements of service, to have an experience for prayer and to deepen one’s journey of faith.
These are the rules in order to apply, when there will be new vacancies.
Volunteers must be capable of understanding differences of faith, culture and tradition, and of adapting to the particular context in which they will be engaged.
- Language Skills
– English and/or Italian is required – knowledge of Arabic, Hebrew, Spanish, German or French would also be an asset.
– Generally, 3 months. We appreciate the availability of some volunteers for longer periods, in which case a decision on extending the duration will be made after two months of service.
– Availability for full-time work
– No monetary compensation
– Volunteers responsible for travel and insurance costs
– Room and board provided by the Custody
– Leaves of absence and vacation days to be agreed with one’s supervisor
- How to Apply
– CV (in European format)
– a short cover letter explaining your reasons for applying
– two letters of recommendation, one of which should be from a church authority (priest, bishop, etc.)
Applications not meeting these requirements cannot be considered. Only candidates selected for available positions will be contacted.
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.