YOUR DAY IN JERICHO
A journey to discover one of the most suggestive places in the Holy Land: Jericho, one of the oldest cities in the world. An oasis in the desert 250 meters below sea level that has seen human history go by.
NOT TO BE MISSED:
- Climb the Mount of Temptations to visit the Greek Orthodox monastery perched on Mount Quarantine, the place where Jesus was tempted by the devil while fasting in the Desert.
- See the Greek Orthodox monastery Saint Gorge in Koziba.
- Visit the Source of Elisha, a source of pure water that has quenched Jericho and its inhabitants for millennia.
- Visit the Hisham Palace, the winter residence of the Umayyad caliph with one of the largest mosaics in the Mediterranean and the famous representation of the tree of life.
- Get to know the Mosaic Centre laboratory and its craftsmen engaged in the restoration and production of mosaics. Have lunch with them, savoring the dishes of real Palestinian cuisine.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT US AT firstname.lastname@example.org