CONTEXT & OBJECTIVE
The troubled situation in Cyprus has yet to change. Barbed wire, walls, barriers and a buffer zone manned by UN soldiers separate the Republic of Cyprus from the remaining territory in the northern part of the island, which has been controlled by Turkey since 1974. A division which, along with taking a heavy toll on the local population, severely affects the immense Christian cultural heritage in the occupied northern area.
A land of the apostles and an important point of passage for St. Francis, Cyprus is now a country rich in thousand-year old archeological ruins, ancient Byzantine churches and monasteries, and amazing medieval Gothic cathedrals. But it is also a country where the Franciscan presence is critical to curbing poverty and neglect.
The Franciscan friars of the Custody of the Holy Land in Cyprus carry out socio-welfare activities (in Nicosia, Limassol and Larnaca):
- Social Center of St Joseph the Migrant, a center sun by the Franciscan sisters of Sacred Heart that in Nicosia offers assistance and training to foreign immigrants.
- Terra Sancta College inNicosia, the island’s oldest school
- Saint Francis Refuge, that offers health care to the poor and organizes recreation activities inside Limassol’s parish
- Mary school run by the sisters of Sacred Heart in Limassol
- Holy Land Rest House, a retirement home for elderly women run by the Franciscan Sisters of the Sacred Heart in Larnaca.
- Support for the maintenance and management of spaces
- Support for the neediest people
- Elderly in Larnaca
- Poor and needy
YOUR DONATION FOR CYPRUS
Donate now with CREDIT CARD or PAYPAL by filling in the form!
Or you can donate by BANK TRANSFER through your bank account and give your support to:
ASSOCIAZIONE PRO TERRA SANCTA
Banca Popolare Etica
IBAN: IT 56 R 05018 12101 000014400444
BIC CODE: CCRTIT2T84A
For American donors ONLY
If you wish to donate a minimum of $500 (with possibility of tax deduction) please contact email@example.com BEFORE making the donation.
Do you want to receive a reminder with this data to make your donation?