A mosaic of cultures
A MOSAIC OF CULTURES
A six-days-trip between Bethlehem, Jerusalem and Jericho
Stay in Jerusalem at the Dar Mamilla Guesthouse, ten-minute walking from the Holy Sepulchre. You will meet the young Palestinians of Jericho, the oldest city in the world, engaged in the restoration of mosaics and in the conservation of the Palestinian cultural heritage and you will enjoy typical Palestinian food at the Mosaic Centre laboratory.
- Visit of the Church of the Nativity and the Grotto of the Nativity, the Church of St Catherine, the Saint Jerome, Saint Joseph and Innocent Saints Grottos and the Chapel of the Milk Grotto.
- Visit of the old city and walk across the suq, the typical market. Opportunity to meet charitable and educational projects supported by Pro Terra Sancta.
- Walk along Star Street and visit of the Bethlehem Mosaic Centre.
- Opportunity to visit the Bansky Walled Off Hotel and Musem and walk along the Separation Wall.
- Visit of the Old City of Jerusalem: walk along the Christian, Jewish, Islamic and Armenian quarters, across the typical Islamic suq.
- Visit of the Temple Mount/ Dome of the Rock, the Western Wall, the Saint Saviours’ Monastery – where the Custody of the Holy Land is located -, the Church of Saint Anne and the Convent of the Flagellation.
- Walk along the Via Dolorosa, passing through the Arco Ecce Homo, and the Stations of the Cross, to reach the Basilica of the Resurrection, with the Calvary and the Holy Sepulcre.
- Visit of the Terra Sancta Museum project.
- Mount of Olives walking tour: the Ascension, the Pater Noster grotto and the Dominus Flevit. Visit of the Basilica of Gethsemane (Church of All Nations) and to Mary’s Tomb.
- Mount Zion walking tour: Last Supper, Church of Dormition of Mary and Tomb of King David. Church of St Peter in Galicantu.
- Descent across the Judean Desert, Wadi Qelt. Panoramic stop at the Monastery of St George in Koziba, into the desert.
- Visit of Jericho: Jericho of the Old Testament (Tell as-Sultan): Jericho of Herod and the memory of Jesus passages, Jericho Umayyad – with Hisham Palace.
- Visit of the Jericho Mosaic Center, with the opportunity to eat a typical Palestinian lunch and meet the locals involved in the projects of conservation and development of the Palestinian cultural heritage.
- Opportunity to visit the Mount of Temptation.