On the way of the Star
THE WAY TO THE STAR
A four-days-trip, between Bethlehem and Jerusalem
Stay in Bethlehem at Dar al Majus Guesthouse, two-minute walking from the Basilica of the Nativity, and discover social projects supported by Pro Terra Sancta Association to delve into the complicated Palestinian context.
- Visit of the Church of the Nativity and the Grotto of the Nativity, the Church of St Catherine, the Saint Jerome, Saint Joseph and Innocent Saints Grottos and the Chapel of the Milk Grotto.
- Visit of the old city and walk across the suq, the typical market. Opportunity to meet charitable and educational projects supported by Pro Terra Sancta.
- Walk along Star Street and visit of the Bethlehem Mosaic Centre.
- Opportunity to visit the Bansky Walled Off Hotel and Musem and walk along the Separation Wall.
- Visit of the Old City of Jerusalem: walk along the Christian, Jewish, Islamic and Armenian quarters, across the typical Islamic suq.
- Visit of the Temple Mount/ Dome of the Rock, the Western Wall, the Saint Saviours’ Monastery – where the Custody of the Holy Land is located -, the Church of Saint Anne and the Convent of the Flagellation.
- Walk along the Via Dolorosa, passing through the Arco Ecce Homo, and the Stations of the Cross, to reach the Basilica of the Resurrection, with the Calvary and the Holy Sepulcre.
- Visit of the Terra Sancta Museum project.
- Mount of Olives walking tour: the Ascension, the Pater Noster grotto and the Dominus Flevit. Visit of the Basilica of Gethsemane (Church of All Nations) and to Mary’s Tomb.
- Mount Zion walking tour: Last Supper, Church of Dormition of Mary and Tomb of King David. Church of St Peter in Galicantu.